To create an enabling environment for deprived and/or marginalized communities to ensure that this vulnerable population will be able to get access to appropriate health care services.
- Comprehensive Health Care Project for Urban Poor
- Creating awareness on Sexual and Reproductive Health among adolescents of Rural Pune
- Holistic Pregnancy care
- Sensitizing Adolescents and Youths of Urban Pune about Sexuality and HIV/AIDS
- Strengthening Primary & Essential Health Care Services of Urban poor settings of Pune
- Non-formal Education and Health Care Services to Migratory Workers
- Organised Campaign to investigate heart diseases and to provide correct guidance
- Organised Campaign to reduce Anaemia in women by proper investigations followed by treatment
- Assisted in various programs to reduce maternal mortality, morbidity and co-morbidity by organising special campaigns on Blood Pressure Monitoring, Routine ANC Check-ups, treating Anaemia etc. as per RMNCH+A guidelines
- Eye Check-ups and distribution of spectacles.
- Ear Nose Throat (ENT) check-ups for traffic police
- Free Condom Distribution to the Commercial Sex Workers to reduce new infections of HIV and other STDs
- Bone density check-ups for older adults of poor communities to early diagnosis and further guidance to reduce osteoporosis among this population
- Free distribution of medicines in poor settings
- Free check-ups and distribution of medicines to the elderly of the old age home
- Provision of nutritional supplements to the mal-nourished children of urban and rural poor settings
Dr. Manisha Sonawane (BAMS) and Dr. Abhijit Sonawane (BAMS) both are identifying themselves not just as a "Doctor" but also as a “Doctor For Beggars” with the unique idea and intention to provide free health care services to the most neglected and deprived population of elderly beggars in their own way.